Sunday, August 19, 2012

Protein Packed Banana Nut Oatmeal

Yum!  I just love oatmeal.  This oatmeal is one that I make quite often and it is super filling.  Lots of fiber, lots of protein and lots of flavor.  My son loves this too.

Protein Packed Banana Nut Oatmea

1 c. water
1/2 c. old fashioned rolled oats (dry)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use soy)
1/4 c. almond milk (original)
1 ripened banana
1 tbsp. chopped almonds
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Start by cooking your oats in the water according to the directions.  Once the oats are fully cooked add in your protein powder.  It will get really thick really fast.  Then use your  almond milk to thin it out to the consistency you enjoy.  Mash in your banana or chop into chunks, add in the vanilla and top with nuts.  Yum! 

2 comments:

  1. This breakfast looks fabulous-love the addition of protein powder to the oatmeal. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds awesome. I should really try it. I eat oatmeal for breakfast every single morning -- but it is the instant packets! LOL - probably so bad for me! This looks really awseome. Protein powder is OH so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete