Thursday, April 19, 2012

Oven French Fries

I made these this week just to give my sister the recipe.  I love oven fries and if done right they are really tasty.  I prefer not to fry things these days as it really isn't good for my kids and they are what I care most about in this world.  But what kid doesn't love french fries?  So, I make these usually about once a week and we do a burger night or something similar with them.  They are quick and easy and can be prepped ahead too.  The key to good oven fries is a hot, hot oven, an already hot baking sheet and make sure your fries are completely dry before adding oil to them. If they are even a little bit wet you'll have soggy fries.  

Oven French Fries

3-4 Russet Potatoes
1/8 c. canola oil
Salt & Pepper
Seasoning of choice

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees with the baking sheet IN the oven.  I peel the skins off my potatoes first then slice them into whatever shape I want, shoestring fries, steak fries, your choice.  If you are doing this ahead of time place all your french fries in water to prevent them from turning color just be sure to dry them thoroughly before using.  Place in a bowl, simply pour over the oil and seasoning.  I love to use garlic powder and paprika or a Ms. Dash blend.  Toss to coat all potatoes.  After your oven has preheated along with your pan, take the hot pan out and dump all your potatoes with oil and seasoning onto the baking sheet.  Bake approximately 15 minutes, flip all fries and bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.   

1 comment: