Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Honey Cornbread

I like my cornbread sweet and this recipe always hits the spot.  I like making cornbread because it reminds me of home (South Carolina).  Of course, my kids love it because in their eyes it is like bread and they think we should eat bread every single meal.  I made this with a big bowl of chicken and dumplings and it made my night.   So good!


Honey Corn Bread

1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk (or alternative such as Almond Milk)
2 large eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted (or dairy-free)
1/4 cup honey

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Into a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Pour into buttered 8X10 pan and bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.  To make corn muffins, place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment