Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chocolate Peep Nests

 We made these peep nests on Easter.  I'm not sure where I saw this or who I heard about it from but I didn't have a recipe and I'm pretty sure I used too much chocolate since my kids were covered in it by the time we were done.  Both the kids loved getting elbow deep into the chocolate and helping me make these nests.  Once we finished and put the eggs in the nests and took out the mama peeps my husband sat down to eat his dessert.  My daughter told him that she loved the peeps and their babies so very much that she couldn't bare the thought of any of us eating them.  I think he was a bit disappointed that he wasn't allowed to eat his dessert!  Later the chocolate got the best of her and she did allow everyone to eat them.

Chocolate Peep Nests

1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. butterscotch chips
1 - 5 oz. can chow mien noodles
12 peeps
Bag of M&M's (we used the speckled M&M eggs)

Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together over a double boiler.  Dump the entire thing of the chow mien noodles out into a bowl.  Pour chocolate mixture over the top and stir to combine.  Using a muffin pan, spray generously with cooking spray and place chocolatey chow mien noodles into each muffin tin.  I used the back of a spoon to create an indent in the center of each to form the nest and give the candy eggs a place to rest.  Allow to harden in refrigerator for about an hour.  I used a butter knife and just popped it into the side of each muffin tin and the chocolate nest popped out.  Top with candy eggs and peeps.   

1 comment:

  1. OMG YUM!! I want to make these, they look so good. It is so cute that Peyton didn't want to eat them!

    ReplyDelete