Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Searching for a cookie recipe to let my kids make today I decided on this peanut butter oatmeal cookie from Sweet as Sugar Cookies.  I figured if she said it was good, then I believed her.  She didn't steer us wrong either, these cookies were really good.  My kids had fun making these and really enjoyed eating them too. We've had peanut butter cookies and we've had oatmeal cookies but we've never had a peanut butter oatmeal cookie.    




Ultimate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 c. unsalted butter (I use non-dairy butter spread)
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. rolled oats

Cream the butter with the peanut butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture. Mix in the oats. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10 min. or until cookies are firm to the touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment