Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Homemade Ziplock Lemonade

I've been trying to find fun activities for my daughter to do while she's stuck in the house recovering from illness.  Today we did ziplock lemonade.  This was something that both my 1 1/2 year old and 4 year old enjoyed.  It was easy, relatively mess free and tasty.  I found this activity on Education.com



Ziplock Lemonade

2 Ziploc bags
Lemon, quartered and seeds removed
1 c. cold water
2-4 tsp. sugar
Ice (*optional)
2 Straws

Simply cut a lemon into quarters and remove any seeds.  Place one quarter of the lemon into the ziplock bag.  Add 1-2 tsp. of sugar and 1/2 cup of water.  Zip the bag securely.  Gently mix th2 contents of the bag, squeezing the lemon for about 1 minute.  Open a small section of the bag and place a straw inside.  You can add a few ice cubes if you want.  My daughter wanted hers extra sour so added extra lemon wedges.    This made 2 lemonades.

    1 comment: