Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cinnamon Whole Wheat Waffle

Another new waffle recipe, I know how many waffles can one person make but my kids love waffles and I like experimenting with new recipes.  I found this waffle recipe at A Little Nosh.  I love the cinnamon in these.   

2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat waffle iron.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, honey, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined.  Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together just until large clumps disappear.  Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and pour some batter into the center.  My waffle iron takes about 1/4 cup batter for each waffle.  Cook until lightly browned.
If you want to freeze these, just cool to room temperature.  Lay waffles on a baking sheet and flash freeze them.  Once they're frozen, you can put them in a large freezer bag and just take out however many you need.  Toast in the toaster oven until warmed through.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow... you do make a lot of waffels! Eggos are still my favorite!

    ReplyDelete