Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Eggnog Pumpkin Milkshake

It seems like it has been forever since I've posted on here.  I wish I could say time flies when you are having fun but truth is I've just been sick.  Everyone in my house seems to be being hit with one cold after the next.  Guess this whole winter in Japan thing is gonna be brutal for our entire family.  I've had a horrid cough for almost a month now.  I've been sick and then diagnosed with pneumonia.  Now that I'm starting to feel just a tiny bit better my husband and son are both sick again so I'm preparing to be hit with that cold soon too.  I'm even on a prescription cough medicine but nothing works.  So I can't really get into the kitchen to do anything because being warm in the kitchen puts me into an uncontrollable coughing fit.  Oh well I suppose I can try to look at the bright side and how much stronger our immune systems will all be next year!  

I actually made this milkshake before Thanksgiving and am just getting around to posting it.  It was amazing.  It was like pumpkin pie in a glass.  This was definitely a nice treat.  The recipe calls for raw egg yolks.  You don't have to use these they just give it an extra incredible richness.  I used them but I didn't give any to my kids because of the raw egg.  Of course, they wanted chocolate milkshakes anyways not pumpkin.  I'd definitely make this again, a nice holiday drink.    This recipe was adapted from Aaron McCargo, Jr. of Food Network

Eggnog Pumpkin Milkshake  
 
3 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
4 cups vanilla ice cream
Whipped cream, for garnish
Graham Crackers, for garnish


Add all the milk shake ingredients except the ice cream into a blender and blend until smooth. Add the ice cream and blend until smooth and thick. Pour into glasses, garnish with whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, and a bit of graham cracker crumbs.





No comments:

Post a Comment