Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ranch Chex Mix

As long as I can remember my Mom, Dad and sister have made Chex mix for the holidays.  I absolutely love it.  Usually I put oyster crackers in this recipe but I can't seem to find them here in Japan so we had to go without but I did include them in the recipe below since they do normally include them.  Also the original recipe is throwing everything into a big brown paper bag and shaking it every 15 minutes or so for 2 hours but I can't find brown bags here in Japan either, so I had to bake mine.  I actually think the baking it may make it quicker and easier though we normally don't do it that way.  This is such a quick easy snack to throw out for everyone anytime.  My husband and my kids both love it.   This is something we love to have around while drinking beer and watching football!

Ranch Chex Mix

4 c. Corn Chex
4 c. Rice Chex
2 c. pretzel sticks
4 c. Oyster Crackers
1 package of dry powder Ranch Dressing mix
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. dill

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Add chex, pretzels and crackers to a large bowl.  Pour the oil over the mix and toss until everything is completely coated in the oil.  Sprinkle over the powder Ranch and dill while stirring and then continue to toss to make sure to evenly spread the seasonings over all pieces.  Bake 15 minutes.  Allow to cool for about another 10 minutes before serving. 



1 comment:

  1. Hey, I was going to blog this recipe!! The one I have is a bit different though... 3 TBL of dill and 3/4 cup of oil, with a total of only 6 cups of chex.... hmm my favorite, I love it!

    ReplyDelete