Monday, July 4, 2011

Hotdog Chili

You can't have the Fourth of July without something so very American like hamburgers, hotdogs, grilling, watermelon and those sorts of things.  I decided since we were going to a Fourth of July festival in the afternoon that I'd make us some chili cheese hotdogs for lunch first.  In Japan it is actually the afternon of July 5th already so though these are posting on my blog on July 4th, I'm quite a bit past that already.  I love chili cheese dogs and it makes me feel so very American.  I'm finding that I need that American feeling a bit more these days since I'm in another country.  It has been quite a change and adjustment on my part.  This is a super simple hotdog chili recipe that I've been making for a few years now and everyone seems to love. 

Hotdog Chili

1 small onion (diced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 lb. hamburger
1 small bottle Heinz Ketchup
1 ½ tbsp. yellow mustard
6 tbsp. chili powder (or to taste, I prefer extra)

Brown hamburger and onion together.  Add garlic and simmer another couple minutes.  Add entire bottle of ketchup, mustard and chili powder and simmer approximately 10 minutes.  Cover your hotdog with chili and cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment