Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy 101 Award

So I've been honored with receiving the "Happy 101" award from Grandma Loys Kitchen!  I feel so special and it just puts a smile on my face to know that someone enjoys my blog and thought of me to pass this on too.   

Ok, so here are the rules for this award:
1.  Copy the award image into a post.
2.  List 10 things that make you happy.
3.  Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
4.  Put in a link to their blogs.
5.  Notify the award receivers.
6.  Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog. 
So the first being ten things that make me happy.  I'm a pretty happy person so that should be a breeze to make that list.

1.  My children
2.  My husband
3.  My family (mom, sister, dad, niece, nephew)
3.  Baking
4.  My new apartment
5.  Having the opportunity to live and explore a new country (Japan)
6.  Making new friends
7. This amazing warm sunny weather here in Japan.  Sunshine always makes me smile.
8.  My sister is having a baby boy!
9. New fruits and vegetables to try here in Japan
10.  And one that is quite ridiculous but my husband will tell you how true it is, spending money.  Spending money always makes me happy and puts me in a good mood!

Next, 10 bloggers that brighten my day.

 1.All Things Erika

Ok, so this one probably shouldn't be my first but it is.  This is my sister's blog.  My very pregnant sister.  I'm in Japan and she is in Maryland with her husband, my niece and my new nephew on the way.  So her blog helps me to stay connected to her and I love seeing what she is up to.
 
2.  Chef in Training

I love this blog.  I find the recipes on here to be absolutely incredible and the pictures amazing.  I don't think I've seen one single picture that I didn't want to eat!  

 3.That Skinny Chick Can Bake

I love the recipes on this blog.  Not only do all the pictures look so very professional and fancy but she does things with the pictures that I'd never even be able to think of!  Also, I find it amazing that she is so skinny (yeah, hence her blog name) but has the most amazing desserts she makes all the time!  I don't know how she does it!

4. Crayon Freckles

I love this blog.  Not only the design and layout but I love the fact that there is so much stuff on there geared towards her role as a mom and crafts and things she does with her child.  I also love the crafts in general as I find that I wish I could recreate some of them but I'm not that craft.  

5. Sweet As Sugar Cookies

There are so many amazing recipes on this blog.  I love that there is so many sweet treats but also lots of really interesting things like BBQ Meatballs that I can't wait to make! 

6. Grandma Loys Kitchen

This blog has some great recipes and has such a nice homey feel to it.  Grandma's always make you feel comfy and homey!

7. Debbie Debbie Doos 

I love the newby parties on her site every week as I think many of my followers found me through this site and can't thank her enough for it!

8. At Home with Haley


Another blog with amazing recipes and pictures.  I also love the weekly link-up party!

9. For the Love of Cooking

This blog has so many dinner ideas.  A lot of the recipes are simple and tasty and I always check this blog out when I'm looking for ideas for dinner. 

10.  Sugar and Dots

I'm posting this blog because I find it so difficult to get my daughter to eat fruit for some reason.  She absolutely LOVED the shark watermelon that was on this blog recently and asked me to buy her a watermelon so we could make this shark together and swears she is going to eat it.  So fingers crossed on her actually eating it.  I love the link party on this blog too!

I'm totally thrilled with this award and wish my kids would give me a bit more time to say nice things about all the blogs I love but unfortunately I've got two sick kiddos right now and a 1st birthday party for my son I'm trying to make a cake for so my hands are so very full.   But I want to thank everyone that reads and visits my blog and tell you how much it means to me!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the award and thanks for passing it along to me! I'm honored! I love your blog as well! I will have to check out some of these others too!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you like your award. I really want to get word out about your great blog. Hope all is going well in Japan. Have a great week. I am looking forward to checking out the blogs that made your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww...you made me smile!! what a love you are! thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete