Monday, May 16, 2011

Almond Banana Nut Bread

I made this the other day and was suprised it came out as well as it did.  I have another banana bread recipe on here that is much better that uses regular flour but this is a nice substitution if you can't have or don't want to use regular flour.  It tasted very nice, great banana and honey flavor but because of the almond flour I found the texture to be a bit grainy.  It is also a bit more crumbly than regular banana bread.    I do prefer my regular banana bread but it was nice to try something new and different.  Plus my kids loved it and I didn't feel bad about letting them eat it since there is no white flour in it.  

Almond Banana Bread

3 c. Almond Flour
1/3 c. honey
3 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp.
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Smash the bananas or put in a food processor. Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Pour in a loaf pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. This one looks yummy! Thanks for following, I'm following you in return!

    ReplyDelete