Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

My husband's absolute favorite dessert.  Brownies!  He isn't as much of a chocolate fan as me, but he loves his brownies.  This is my quick brownie recipe.  I know a lot of brownie recipes you have to melt chocolate and butter separate and add it in, but I usually don't have the time to do that so I use just cocoa in this recipe. It is always a big hit in our house.  I also prefer using a bit of leftover coffee out of my pot from that morning over using instant coffee or espresso powder, so whatever you prefer. 

To show you the peanut butter swirl.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies

2 sticks unsalted butter
2 c. sugar
4 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. decaf coffee
3 tbsp. peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Press the paper into the corners of the pan and lightly grease the paper with butter.  Melt the 2 sticks of butter in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat; do not boil. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Add the sugar, coffee, eggs and vanilla to the saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.  Add the cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder and mix until smooth. Spread the batter in the prepared pan.  Add multiple "dollops" of peanut butter over the top of the batter in each corner and the middle.  Take a butter knife and simply swirl around the pan until incorporated into the brownie batter.  Then bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out fudgy, 20 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack, then use the parchment paper to lift out the brownies before slicing.  (I prefer cooling mine in the fridge then slicing.)  

10 comments:

  1. These look delish! Thanks for the recipe! Found you at Sweet as Sugar... I am your newest follower! Feel free to stop by sometime!

    http://valfrazier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love anything with peanut butter and chocolate. These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great - I am losing all my post Royal wedding resolve! (too many cakes on Friday)

    Visiting from Debbie's
    Lakota x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I am not a chocolate fan, I am a brownie fan. It probably doesn't make sense but I had to follow the brownies and now you, too! Popped on over from Debbiedoos Newbie party.

    Eve
    bumblebliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate and peanut butter are some of my best friends! Looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Those look yummy! I hope you will follow me, I'm another new follower of your blog. Thanks, Helen's Decor

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look so yummy! My hubby would go nuts for it...

    ~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy!! I can almost smell them!!
    www.cricketscafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great!
    Great job on the linky party last week! It was very hard to choose from everyone. Come by again and link up to this week's theme: Chocolate! Hope to see you there.
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/05/themed-bakers-sunday-3.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete